Bentley Honors 24 Be Inspired and Special Recognition Award Winners3 Nov, 2010 By: Cadalyst Staff
Thought leadership event showcases innovative infrastructure projects from around the globe.
Bentley Systems presented the 2010 Be Inspired Awards and Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards at its Be Inspired: Thought Leadership in Infrastructure event, held October 19–20 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. The awards honor Bentley users who are working to improve and sustain the world's infrastructure. A total of 24 award winners, representing projects in 16 different countries, were recognized at the annual event.
An independent panel of jurors, which included Bentley users and industry experts, selected the 19 Be Inspired Awards winners from 55 finalists. These finalists had been chosen from 320 nominations submitted by 249 organizations in 45 countries.
The five winners of Bentley's second annual Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards were placed into nomination by the same panel of independent jurors for innovative and visionary infrastructure project achievements embracing multiple Be Inspired Awards categories. The nominees were reviewed by a panel consisting of Bentley executives, as well as Bentley Infrastructure Ambassadors Council members Norbert Young, Jim Porter, and Patrick McCrory. The achievements recognized included: Attaining Return on Innovation, Advancing Interoperability, Sustaining Our Society, Sustaining Our Environment, and Sustaining the Professions.
CEO Greg Bentley said, "The recipients of this year's awards are being acknowledged for their exceptional talent and achievements in innovatively employing information modeling and collaboration technology and implementing best practices in sustaining infrastructure. On behalf of my colleagues at Bentley, I heartily congratulate these winners for their exemplary projects improving infrastructure and contributing to our world's economic and environmental resilience. Their work is an inspiration to us all!"
Bentley will include detailed descriptions of all nominated projects in the print and digital versions of The Year in Infrastructure 2010, which will be published by year's end. The last six editions of this publication feature more than 1,000 projects recognized in the Be Inspired Awards program since 2004.
The Be Inspired Awards winners for 2010 are as follows:
- Communicating Through Visualization: A02-Architecture Office — Competition Proposal - Cultural Centre Zlin — Zlin, Czech Republic
- Connecting Project Teams: Crossrail Limited — Crossrail — London, United Kingdom
- Innovation in Bridges: Atkins — Penang Bridge Stay Replacement — Penang, Malaysia
- Innovation in Building: Henning Larsen Architects — Crystal Towers — Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Innovation in Building projects included Grand Canal Urban Development by McCauley Daye O'Connell Architects (left) and Namibian Hydrological Centre of Excellence by Atlas Industries (center), and the winner, Crystal Towers by Henning Larsen Architects (right).
- Innovation in Campuses, Airports, and Military Installations: Zaha Hadid Architects — Stone Towers — Cairo, Egypt
- Innovation in Communications Networks: Telefónica O2 Czech Republic, a.s. — XFM Moves Maps to Integrated GIS — Praha, Czech Republic
- Innovation in Construction: PT McDermott Indonesia — Cuu Long Su Tu Vang Project — Mekong Basin, Vietnam
- Innovation in Generative Design: Henning Larsen Architects — Villas in the Sky — Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Innovation in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering: State Geological Institute of Dionyz Stur — Rhyolite Volcanism 3D Geological Maps — Spiska Nova Ves, Slovakia
- Innovation in Government: Odense Kommune — On-the-Fly 3D City and Urban Modeling — Odense, Denmark
- Innovation in Mining and Metals: PDC Consultants — Brockman Syncline No. 4 Project — Pilbara, Australia
- Innovation in Power Generation: ESI Inc. of Tennessee — Department of Energy - Biomass Cogeneration Facility — Aiken, South Carolina, United States
- Innovation in Process Manufacturing: Grontmij Industry — Fully Automatic Production Unit for Sika — Zwijndrecht, Belgium
- Innovation in Rail and Transit: Mott MacDonald Limited — Victoria Station Upgrade Project — London, United Kingdom
Innovation in Rail and Transit project finalists included the Neasden Depot Upgrade Project by AECOM (left) and Lucknow Metro — Alignment Design by SREI Infrastructure Finance (center). The Victoria Station Upgrade Project by Mott MacDonald (right) was the winner in this category.
- Innovation in Roads: URS/Scott Wilson — A46 Newark to Widmerpool — Newark, United Kingdom
- Innovation in Structural Engineering: Arup Singapore Pte Ltd — Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort — Singapore
- Innovation in Utility Transmission and Distribution Networks: Central Southern China Electric Power Design Institute — Jiangxia 500 kV Transformer Substation — Wuhan, China
- Innovation in Water or Wastewater Treatment Plants: Carollo Engineers — Ak-Chin Indian Community Water Reclamation Facility — Maricopa, Arizona, United States
- Innovation in Water, Wastewater, and Stormwater Networks: Westernport Water — Integration of SCADA Data in Model Calibration — Newhaven, Australia.
The Be Inspired Special Recognition Awards winners for 2010 are as follows:
- Attaining Return on Innovation: Matec Engineering — BIM: Advanced Brazilian Civil Construction — Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Advancing Interoperability: Stanley Beaman & Sears — Nemours Children's Hospital — Orlando, Florida, United States
- Sustaining Our Society: Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation — Transformation of a Growing City to Vibrant Habitat Through e-Governance for Citizen-Centric Service Delivery Mechanism — Mumbai, India
- Sustaining Our Environment: MWH Global, Inc. — Meath EFW (Energy From Waste) — Meath, Ireland
- Sustaining the Professions: Hatch and Associates Pty Ltd — iPas DT Sustainable Training Initiative — Globally across organization.
Autodesk Technical Evangelist Lynn Allen guides you through a different AutoCAD feature in every edition of her popular "Circles and Lines" tutorial series. For even more AutoCAD how-to, check out Lynn's quick tips in the Cadalyst Video Gallery. Subscribe to Cadalyst's Tips & Tricks Tuesdays free e-newsletter and we'll notify you every time a new video tip is available. All exclusively from Cadalyst!
Sign Up for Navisworks Beta Testing 10 Dec, 2013
Widex, Oticon, and GN ReSound Make Sound Investment in PTC Creo 10 Dec, 2013
Revit 2014 Update Release 1 Now Available For Download - Crash Reductions or Enhancements? 19 Jul, 2013
How to Replace the Viewport Compass with your Company Logo 5 Jul, 2013