Autodesk Adds Features — and Fees — to AutoCAD 360 Mobile App21 May, 2013 By: Cadalyst Staff
New versions of the tool formerly known as AutoCAD WS are offered alongside the popular free version.
Twelve million people have downloaded AutoCAD 360 – Autodesk’s free mobile drawing and drafting app, formerly known as AutoCAD WS – and more than two million actively use it every month, the company reports. Today Autodesk announced it is taking what it calls “the official AutoCAD mobile app” to a new level with new versions that, for a fee, can extend your mobile use of the ubiquitous CAD solution.
AutoCAD 360 lets users store CAD drawings on the cloud for viewing, editing, and sharing from virtually any web-connected mobile or desk-bound device. It can simplify on-site redlining, as-built documentation, and design review and approval. Starting today, optional new plans offer even more functionality: AutoCAD 360 Pro ($4.99/month or $49.99/year) adds the following list of features as well as 25 GB of file storage capacity and support for 30-MB files; AutoCAD 360 Pro Plus ($99.99/year) includes 100 GB of file storage capacity and support for 40-MB files.
- New drawings creation. In addition to uploading existing drawings, users can now start new projects from scratch within AutoCAD 360 mobile.
- Connectivity to third-party storage. Directly connect AutoCAD 360 with popular storage options such as Dropbox and Box.
- Block palette. Easily drag and place blocks into drawings from the drawing’s block collection.
- New tools. Users can take advantage of advanced layer management, properties and attributes, drawing coordinates, additional storage space, and much more.
- Priority support. Top-priority technical support is available for purchase.
In addition, AutoCAD 360 Web, now in beta, is a new, free app for viewing, editing, and sharing drawings from any computer. A simplified interface project team members access critical data regardless of their level of expertise with design tools.
AutoCAD 360 mobile is available in English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish. AutoCAD 360 and AutoCAD 360 Pro are available at the iTunes App Store and Android markets including Google Play.
Autodesk Technical Evangelist Lynn Allen guides you through a different AutoCAD feature in every edition of her popular "Circles and Lines" tutorial series. For even more AutoCAD how-to, check out Lynn's quick tips in the Cadalyst Video Gallery. Subscribe to Cadalyst's Tips & Tricks Tuesdays free e-newsletter and we'll notify you every time a new video tip is available. All exclusively from Cadalyst!