ESRI Releases New GIS Portal Toolkit for ArcGIS2 Oct, 2008
Free offering aims to simplify geographic data access and sharing.
ESRI, a geographic information system (GIS) software developer, has updated its GIS Portal Toolkit for ArcGIS, making it easier to share, discover, and access geographic data, the company reports. The free toolkit implements local, regional, national, and global spatial data infrastructure (SDI) portals and provides the capabilities needed to deploy a GIS portal for an organization's SDI.
The toolkit is now based on ArcGIS server technology and includes the following enhancements:
- support for finalized Open Geospatial Consortium
- specification standards
- a REST-style interface for searching and supporting OpenSearch, GeoRSS, and KML
- LDAP authentication support for improved security
- configurable support for ISO 19139 metadata profiles
- Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) metadata and Dublin Core metadata
- integrated clip-zip-ship function for data download
- improved context-sensitive help and product documentation
Autodesk Technical Evangelist Lynn Allen guides you through a different AutoCAD feature in every edition of her popular "Circles and Lines" tutorial series. For even more AutoCAD how-to, check out Lynn's quick tips in the Cadalyst Video Gallery. Subscribe to Cadalyst's Tips & Tricks Tuesdays free e-newsletter and we'll notify you every time a new video tip is available. All exclusively from Cadalyst!