Cadalyst Launches New CADspeed Blog15 Apr, 2011 By: Cadalyst Staff
Hardware experts share advice for optimizing workstations and accelerating CAD application performance.
Longitude Media, publisher of Cadalyst, announces the launch of CADspeed, a new blog that delivers rich content for CAD users, CAD managers, and IT professionals looking to optimize workstations and related hardware to support greater productivity and reliability when running CAD and engineering applications.
Produced through a sponsorship by Dell and AMD, CADspeed offers advice from a variety of industry experts, including
- Cadalyst contributing editor and hardware reviewer Ron LaFon;
- FireUser.com community manager Tony DeYoung;
- Mark Shaw and James Ecklund of business IT provider Stored Technology Solutions; and
- technical experts and CAD software developers who will pass along first-hand insight about how to equip a workstation for optimum performance of specific CAD applications.
Posts already live on the blog include the following. New installments are being published almost daily throughout April.
- Hardware for the CAD Professional, a multipart series
- Calculating How Much RAM Memory You Need for Autodesk Revit 2011
- Tips for Going Mobile with CAD, a multipart series
- Finding the Best Video Card for Vectorworks 2011
- How GPC-Based Accelerator Technology and Multi-Threading Support Can Improve TurboCAD and DoubleCAD Performance
“It’s an amazing time in the CAD market,” said Seth Nichols, CEO of Longitude Media and publisher of Cadalyst. “The functionality of CAD applications seems to grow exponentially each year, and our readers are telling us that they need more information about the types of hardware on the market today and how to make the right decisions about those products in order to maximize CAD performance and productivity. This blog is delivering excellent content that you can’t find elsewhere to help CAD and IT professionals make the right decisions and get the most out of their hardware and software.”
Visit the new CADspeed blog at http://cadspeed.wordpress.com/.
In her easy-to-follow, friendly style, long-time Cadalyst contributing editor Lynn Allen guides you through a new feature or time-saving trick in every episode of her popular AutoCAD Video Tips. Subscribe to the free Cadalyst Video Picks newsletter, and we'll notify you every time a new video tip is published. All exclusively from Cadalyst!