AutoDesSys Announces Joint Study Student Awards16 Oct, 2008
The Joint Study Program promotes education in 3D modeling and computer-enhanced design.
AutoDesSys announced today the 16th annual student awards at the annual conference of the Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture (ACADIA).
Chris Yessios, president of AutoDesSys, presented the awards, held at the University of Minnesota. Awards of Distinction recipients received a copy of the 3D application software form.Z RenderZone Plus, in addition to $1,000.
AutoDesSys supports and subsidizes the Joint Study Program (JSP) to facilitate the teaching of design with digital tools. Currently in its 17th year, the JSP offers the use of form.Z in academic departments that are interested in educating their students in the articulation of 3D forms. JSP aims to promote education in 3D modeling and computer-enhanced design and to contribute to the evolution of computer-driven design tools.
At the end of each academic year, faculty members in charge of administering the JSP are invited to submit a report with feedback and samples of student work, which are compiled by AutoDesSys into the annual Joint Study report Partnerships in Learning.
This year five Awards of Distinction and six honorable mentions were granted. The nominated projects were divided into five categories: Architectural Design, Interior Design, Fabrication, Visualization/Illustration, and Animation. Below is a list of those winners.
- Award of Distinction: Farzam Yazdanseta, University of Maryland
- Honorable Mention: Ben Mokri, New School of Architecture and Design
- Award of Distinction: Poppy Weston, University of Wales Institute
- Honorable Mention: Rachel Chotin, Rhode Island School of Design
- Honorable Mention: Oriel Poole, Drexel University
- Award of Distinction: Drew Weinheimer, and Keith Labutta, Pennsylvania State University
- Honorable Mention: Cheng-Yuan Huang, Tamkang University
- Visualization and Illustration
- Award of Distinction: Lauren Segapeli, Texas Tech University
- Honorable Mention: Marielis Suarez, Rhode Island School of Design
- Award of Distinction: Sophia Chan, Rhode Island School of Design
- Honorable Mention: Andreanne Houde, Sandie Janelle, Simon Leclair, Valerie Ouellette, and Ralph Potvin, CEGEP de Saint-Laurent
A complete and detailed list of the projects with graphic illustrations is available on this Form.Z web page.