BLUERIDGE Analytics Offers Certification Program for SITEOPS Software3 Sep, 2008
Civil engineers must complete a three-day training session to become a SITEOPS Certified Professional.
BLUERIDGE Analytics announced yesterday that the company is now registering civil engineers for certification in its SITEOPS software. Engineers must complete a comprehensive three-day training session at BLUERIDGE headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, to become a SITEOPS Certified Professional. Engineering firms can also earn certification as SITEOPS Certified Providers.
"We created this program because land developers continually ask us where to find engineers proficient with SITEOPS," said Mike Detwiler, BLUERIDGE Analytics CEO. "By choosing a SITEOPS Certified Professional or Provider, developers know they will receive the full benefits of that technology."
SITEOPS Certification includes listing on the SITEOPS Web site, use of the SITEOPS Certified mark on business cards and promotional materials, and participation in the SITEOPS Engineer Referral Network (ERN). The company reports that SITEOPS Certified Providers also receive marketing tools and opportunities for increased exposure.
To receive certification, participants must complete the following steps:
- create, process, and optimize sites within the SITEOPS Web application
- generate SCOR reports showing site cost estimates for multiple design options
- use Web-based project collaboration features
- apply value engineering principles throughout the design process
- apply green building principles by designating tree saves and set-asides
- create building templates, truck docks, and disabled/specialized parking spaces
"We not only teach engineers to operate the software, we teach them how to save their clients money throughout the design process," explained Chris Croucher, the curriculum developer.
For details, visit the SITEOPS Web site.