10 Things You Didn’t Know Inventor Could Do30 Nov, 2015 By: Rusty Belcher
If you learned Inventor on your own, you may have missed a few things that could make your life much easier.
Editor's note: This tutorial courtesy of IMAGINiT Technologies.
I deliver Inventor training every other month, and I am always amazed how much Inventor training students are able to pick up on their own, prior to class. On the other hand, during each class these students often discover a command or feature they didn't know about. They often ask, "How long has that feature been available?" Or they say, "If I had only known Inventor could do that last week!"
Here are the top ten things you didn't know Inventor could do. Drum roll, please!
- Draw an arc with the Line command
- Create an offset workplane with the Sketch command
- Place multiple parts in an assembly
- Use Free Rotate on multiple components
- Use the Alt-Drag method to add assembly constraints
- Copy/Paste with the Assembly Browser
- Continuous Orbit
- Minimum distance between two components
- Save and replace components
- Remove a background color from a decal
- Bonus Tip: Change the depth of a perspective view