Style Library Manager Migration Fixes for Inventor 201630 Aug, 2016 By: Wyatt Schurkamp
IMAGINiT Tricks Tutorial: When using the Style Library Manager to migrate a previous version style library to Autodesk Inventor 2016, the resulting migrated Style Library will be set to Read Only, preventing the copy of styles across two different libraries. This tutorial provides a workaround.
3. Open the first Style Type that contains differences from Windows Explorer using an XML editor (i.e. Notepad++). In this case we will look at “Balloon.” The “Big Balloon” style is where we need to focus. Collapse all the < Style > entries until the Big Balloon is found.
4. Copy the text between the < Style > and < /Style > tags for the "Big Balloon" entry.
5. Open the version of Balloon.xml you wish to inject the new design style into. Find a blank area above the < /Balloon > tag to paste the text into. Save the file.
6. Open the other 2015 XML files that contain differences. Find the text between the < Style > and < /Style > tags using the names highlighted in blue italics. Paste the changes into the 2016 XML files. Save each 2016 XML file as changes are made.
7. Open Style Library Manager. Again, set the Style Library 1 and 2 to the 2015 and 2016 Design Data folders. You should now see no differences between the two styles. If any remaining blue italic text remains, open the 2015 and 2016 XML files and copy/paste the text between the < Style > and < /Style > tags. Reopen the Style Library Manager. Verify for consistency.
3 Ways Mid-Size Design Teams Are Driving Better Collaboration: White Paper - Now you can make it quick and simple for all practioners and stakeholders involved in design and engineering to share and find information, conduct collaborative design reviews, and manage contractural exchanges. Download your eBook here.