Autodesk Releases AutoCAD 202230 Mar, 2021 By: Cadalyst Staff
New version of renowned 2D/3D CAD program focuses on collaboration tools and automations.
Autodesk recently released AutoCAD 2022 and AutoCAD LT 2022 with its eye on collaboration workflow and automations. While the core of AutoCAD remains the same, the developers have given the nod to some helpful tools for users.
Push to Autodesk Docs/Drive. With Push to Autodesk docs, teams can view digital PDFs in the field for reference. Users can connect to files stored in Autodesk Docs and Autodesk Drive (or to other cloud storage providers such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox). CAD managers will be happy that with the AutoCAD web app you can now upload drawing templates, plot styles, and other support files to create DWG files that better meet your company’s drafting standards.
Drawing review with Trace. As always, drawing reviews are of utmost importance to designers. Autodesk’s Trace allows you and collaborators to markup DWG files without altering the original. When you open the markups, you can see the feedback in the context of the original DWG and incorporate as needed, allowing for multi-platform feedback collaboration.
Trace lets users markup DWGs without affecting the original. Image source throughout: Autodesk.
Collaborate with Share. When you Share a DWG, you can choose what level of access each user has, such as “view-only” or “edit,” to help control copies of drawings. You generate Share links via AutoCAD and the web app, and links open automatically on the web app. This new tool works similar to Etransmit in desktop AutoCAD.
AutoCAD 2022's Share dialog box.
Vertical toolsets. AutoCAD includes updated toolsets for Mechanical, Electrical, and Architecture to help boost productivity by providing libraries with hundreds of thousands of intelligent parts, symbols, and features.
Keep the Count. The design is in the details, and increased accuracy is always welcome. The Count tool automates counting the instances of objects in a drawing. You can export the data to dynamic tables for quick updates. The count list includes blocks that are nested within other blocks.
AutoCAD 2022's Count tool.
Floating windows. By dragging a drawing file tab off the AutoCAD application window, it becomes a floating window. Now you can have multiple AutoCAD drawings visible and editable on the same or on multiple monitors.
AutoCAD 2022 for Mac is also available with new features, including:
- Customized shortcut keys, including Recent to easily repeat commands
- Block library updates including sharing across devices using cloud storage
- Blocks palette can display Blocks as a list, which you can sort by name and type
- Ability to insert a drawing as a block from any tab on the Blocks palette
- Rename the block definition while inserting a block—even if a different block definition already exists
- Export layout now saves all visible objects from the current layout to the model space of a new drawing, including objects outside the boundaries of “paper”
- New command Exportlayout creates a visual representation of the current layout in the model space of a new drawing
- Customize keys using the Shortcuts tab in the Customize dialog box
- the AutoCAD web app now connects to Autodesk Drive and Autodesk Docs, plus other cloud storage.
Pricing & Availability
AutoCAD 2022 is available for download now, and 30-day trials are also available. Offered by subscription only, AutoCAD is priced at $220 per month, $1,775 per year, or $4,795 for three years. AutoCAD has a flexible subscription model, with new features available with each release and product updates. The AutoCAD subscription includes access to seven industry-specific toolsets for disciplines such as architecture, mechanical design, and electrical design. AutoCAD LT is available for $440/year. AutoCAD mobile app costs $55/year, with a free version also available with purchase of AutoCAD products.
Visit Autodesk for more details.