Autodesk Unveils AutoCAD 200918 Feb, 2008
Available at the end of March, new release features an improved user interface and an Action Recorder that streamlines drafting tasks without the need for custom programming.
Autodesk announced the upcoming release of the AutoCAD 2009 family of software, including AutoCAD 2009. The product suite reportedly will be available to users beginning March 25, 2008.
Subscribers of AutoCAD 2009 also will receive Autodesk Impression illustration software for the creation of presentation-ready graphics free of charge, the company states.
"The AutoCAD 2009 portfolio is designed to improve the productivity of veteran users and allow new users to become productive more quickly," said Amar Hanspal, senior vice-president, Platform Solutions and Emerging Businesses, Autodesk. "The innovations in AutoCAD 2009 extend to a product portfolio unmatched for breadth, depth, and best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and bring to life their design ideas."
A new ribbon interface in AutoCAD 2009 allows users to view operations that are relevant to the current workspace. Customizable and extensible, the new interface also allows a smooth transition from previous versions of AutoCAD software, Autodesk states.
New productivity features in AutoCAD 2009 include an Action Recorder, which reportedly streamlines drafting tasks by allowing users to automate them without the need for software programming. A mode-less layer manager lets users view changes to layer settings without exiting the layer manager. AutoCAD 2009 users also will find improvement to 3D navigation with new ViewCube and SteeringWheels tools. AutoCAD 2009 is certified for the 32-bit and 64-bit Microsoft Windows Vista operating systems.
An Action Recorder in AutoCAD 2009 streamlines drafting tasks by allowing users to automate them without the need for custom software programming.
The AutoCAD software portfolio includes various vertical applications built on AutoCAD technology. Features specific to these products include the following:
- AutoCAD Architecture 2009 features intuitive architectural drawing and design tools within a familiar AutoCAD workflow, offering users the flexibility to learn new tools at their own pace.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D 2009 software offers better surveying, design, analysis and construction documentation for civil engineering within a familiar workflow.
- AutoCAD Electrical 2009 is purpose-built to design electrical controls systems with automated tasks, comprehensive symbol libraries, and an electrical-specific workflow.
- AutoCAD Map 3D 2009 bridges CAD and geospatial information systems (GIS) information by providing direct access to data and enables the use of AutoCAD 2009 software tools for maintaining a broad range of design and geospatial information.
- AutoCAD Mechanical 2009 is designed to accelerate the mechanical design process with standards-based symbol libraries, engineering calculators, and a mechanical-specific workflow created to improve productivity for AutoCAD users in manufacturing.
- AutoCAD MEP 2009, the AutoCAD software for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) businesses, features intuitive system-drawing and design tools and built-in design calculators.
- AutoCAD P&ID 2009 lets users create, modify, and manage piping and instrumentation diagrams; user interface enhancements help automate more common tasks and streamline access to information.
- AutoCAD Raster Design 2009, when used with AutoCAD 2009 applications, provides capabilities for raster-to-vector conversion, raster editing, and raster data preparation that extend the value of scanned drawings, maps, and satellite imagery.
Select features in AutoCAD 2009 software reportedly have been incorporated in the AutoCAD LT 2009 2D drafting application. Among these are user-interface enhancements, improved dynamic blocks, streamlined annotation features, and better data-exchange and publishing capabilities.
In addition to Autodesk Impression, users of any of the AutoCAD 2009 family of products will receive Autodesk Design Review 2009, which allows team members to participate in the digital review process with tools to view, mark up, and revise designs electronically.