Top Ten Office Pranks for April Fool's Day28 Mar, 2006
CareerBuilder.com finds one-third of workers admit to playing jokes on co-workers.
Better watch out this week. April Fool's Day is Saturday, and job-posting site CareerBuilder.com estimates that 33% of workers have played a practical joke on a coworker and 17% say they are planning office tricks for this year's holiday. These figures are based on the company's annual survey of more than 2,500 workers in March 2006.
If you're looking to play a prank on a coworker, consider the top ten April Fool's Day pranks from this year's survey:
- Changed the caller ID on a co-worker's phone to read Mr. Kitten every time he called someone.
- Placed random objects from people's desks in the vending machine.
- Placed a live goldfish in an IV bag in a clinic.
- Snuck onto someone else's computer and sent out an "I love you" e-mail to the entire office.
- Wallpapered someone's entire cube with headshots of his co-workers.
- Pulled the shelves out of the break room refrigerator, hid inside and jumped out at coworkers as they opened the door.
- Sat on the copier, made copies and placed the copies back in the paper bin. Anyone who made a copy ended up with the image of the prankster's backside in the background.
- Turned all the clocks in the office one hour back to make the day seem longer.
- Locked all the doors, shut off the lights and put a Closed sign in the window when the boss went out for lunch.
- Placed fake rubber chocolates in the break room and watched as coworkers tried to chew them.
And be careful that your prank doesn't put you in immediate need of Careerbuilder's services.