CAX-Services Expands its CAD Outsourcing Services11 Nov, 2008
New services now address technical documentation, training and sales, and product development.
CAX-Services announced that it has expanded its PLM and CAD/CAM/CAE-related outsource services. Newly expanded CAD services include deliverables with 2D and 3D static or interactive content that are based on 3D engineering data. Content can be delivered either in digital file formats like 2D and 3D PDFs, AVIs, raster images, or as online interactive web interfaces. Many native file formats like CATIA V4/V5, UGS/NX, Pro/Engineer, SolidWorks, Alias, and 3D Studio, and universal file transfer protocols like IGES, STEP, SAT, VDA/FS, STL, VRML are supported for importing 3D data.
Areas that the services address include:
- technical documentation (technical illustrations, exploded views)
- manufacturing (assembly instructions, manufacturing process instructions)
- customer services (operating instructions, field services guides)
- training and sales (product catalogs, sales brochures)
- product development (3D animations, functional validation, light-weight collaboration platforms)
The company extended its services into new marketing, training, and maintenance departments. The services now cover product lifecycle management (PLM) and provide services related to CAD, product documentation, data translation, application development, and computer engineering.